After tasting this heavenly pie last summer at a bbq, my husband begged the recipe. He finally whipped it together this weekend after several days of cooking mainly meat dishes. While the name made us a little skeptical, one bite was all it took to get me hooked. Oh so creamy, just slightly sweet with a hint of tart, it is everything I want to cool off my palate after a meal of spicy Indian dishes.
- Prepare a standard graham cracker crust
- Mix together until smooth:
- two egg yolks, beaten
- one large avocado or two small avocados
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- dash of salt
- To the above mixture add one can sweetened condensed milk, mix until smooth, pour into graham cracker crust
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes, remove and cool
- Top with 2 cups sour cream mixed with 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tsp vanilla and a dash of salt
- Refrigerate until serving time
Thanks to Wayne Lennon for the recipe and the Crowleys for hosting the summer fun.